Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Eat Like a Rabbit for Two Days

I'm doing it again! Another Juice Fast, so that means another post on my process and more great info on Juicing! I came across a Juicing Vegetables page on Facebook and I recommend "Liking" the page. They have great inspiration, recipes, and knowledge on the Juicing world. Seriously... Go "Like" them, Now!

All, right, onto what I'm REALLY posting about. I'm here to extend a little bit on the first two days that prepare for you for your Fast. I did a little more research on Eating Raw this time around and found that it can be quite easy, and you don't have to starve yourself. I have discovered that Eating Raw doesn't only mean eating fruits and veggies in their natural form. Did you know there are RAW Brownies? What about Chocolate Pudding? Perhaps you're not willing to try those recipes, but the Salads are very filling (and delicious!) and remember, you can eat as much as you want!

For beginners, eating Raw seems like a boring way of eating. I remember I kept thinking, "How could anyone eat this way all the time?" But as I looked eagerly into the fridge for some sort of idea to appear on the shelves, I thought to myself: "That's it! They eat that way ALL the time! They got it figured out, so I just gotta dig a little deeper."

I grabbed an the container of blueberries and went to work. I found a couple of sites that made it a lot clearer to me. As an Adventurous Chef, I am always ready to learn and to change my way of thinking about food. This list of sites gave me great ideas on how to eat Raw the next time I do Juice Fast Prep Days. Check them out, learn, and then go grocery shopping!

The best way to educate yourself on Eating Raw is to extend your research to YouTube and beyond. Read some articles, look for books or magazines, and if you're lucky enough to have a friend who eats Raw, ask lots of questions! If not, and most of your friends are like mine and eat like regular people do, DON'T ask their opinion on eating Raw and DON'T complain about eating Raw to them. I'm not saying your friends aren't good people to talk to, but why would you ask a Cat what it's like being a Dog? Unless they've done it themselves and were successful at it, they probably are just gonna look at you like you're nuts. (No pun intended.)

Remember that you are doing this FOR YOURSELF to get HEALTHY and surround yourself with inspiration, motivation, and positive company. Push out the negativity, stick to it, and you will be successful!

-Chef Marie C.M.

P.s.- No, eating Sushi doesn't count!

No comments:

Post a Comment